For active people and professional athletes, we recommend the use of sport guard. Sport guard is a dental protection to worn over the teeth. It shields your head from injury especially when you hit your lower jaw. The most common sport guard is worn only on the upper teeth but there are cases where we recommend that you also use sports guard to protect your lower teeth.
To care for you sport guards, here are the best practices:
- Always clean it before and after use. You can clean it using a toothbrush and toothpaste or you can soak them in a mouthwash. Remember that your mouth naturally has bacteria around it and contamination to sport guard may lead to cavities of not regularly cleaned.
- Once in a while, clean your sport guard by soap and water (much better if the soap is antibacterial) and wash it thoroughly to keep it sanitized.
- Whenever you are not using it, be sure that you keep it in its container. The container is specially made for to prevent damages and allow the air to circulate around it. With that, the material will not wear off and not microorganisms will get into it.
- Sports guard may be distorted and such, will not be fit your mouth. Keep it in a cool dry place, away from extreme heat.
- Regularly check your mouthpiece for any damages. Be sure to visit us so we can examine it and see if it should need repair or replacement.
These are the things that you should to do care for your sports guard. In case you need more guidance call us at Advance Dental Studio. Here at the Advance Dental Studio, we offer customized sport guard that will definitely fit your active lifestyle. We have a state-of-the-art facility that uses high quality materials. With that, your sport guard will be made durable offering complete protection to whatever sports you are into.
Whenever you need any dental protection, count on us at the Advance Dental Studio. Our team of competent dentists is here to holistically give your teeth the protection and comfort that it deserves.